The Two Thrones
- Flint and Steel 10 cp – USEFUL, this is kind of the universal tool.
- Healer’s Kit 25 sp – USEFUL, it’s hard to bandage folks up without this. – Careful, double 1’s means your out of bandages in the kit.
- Ink (Black, one vial) 20 cp – USEFUL, this stuff alway seems to come in handy somehow.
- Lock Picks 12 sp – USEFUL, practically a necessity for the common rogue. Careful, double ones on a roll means your picks break.
- Mountain Garb 10 sp – USEFUL, especially if you plan on surviving those cold, mountainy winters…
- Musical Instrument 10 sp – USEFUL, provided you know how to use it
- Oil, Pint 8 cp – USEFUL, the stuff can keep a 2×2 yard area burning for 1d6 turns.
- Rope (20 yards) 2 sp – USEFUL – rope always seems to be
- Spike 5 cp – USEFUL – good for climbing
- Torch 10 cp – USEFUL, especially in a night-time ambush, or for setting things ablaze.
- Lamp 2 sp – Good for seeing things in the dark.
- Lantern 5 sp – see above
- Travel Rations – Like Lockpicks and Healer’s Kits, Travel Rations allow you to take Breathers. Double 1’s on on a constitution check when taking a breather means you’re out of rations.
- Arrows (20) 2 sp – NOT useful, you won’t be required to keep track of ammo
- Bolts (20) 3 sp – NOT useful, see above
- Backpack 9 sp – NOT useful, you already get one, and DA RPG has no encumbrance rules.
- Candle (Pair) 5 cp – NOT useful, too cheap to be worth keeping track of.
- Flask 50 cp – NOT useful, The rules don’t yet cover how to brew potions.
- Pouch (Belt) 1 sp – NOT useful, in fact, this is kind of silly.
- Tent, Large 35 sp – NOT useful, no matter how fancy your accoutrements, you won’t be getting a restful night’s sleep in the wilderness..
- Tent, Small 10 sp – NOT useful, see above
- Traveler’s Garb 15 sp – NOT useful, you start with this, and I’m not going to make you pay to change your clothes regularly.
- Waterskin 40 cp – NOT useful, see above.
- Whetstone 10 cp – NOT useful, if I made you sharpen your blades regularly, I’d kill myself from boredom.
Vehicles and AnimalsUseful:
- Dog 15 sp – USEFUL, dogs are everywhere in Fereldan. Though they’re not exactly mabari, they are still loyal and fearsome companions.
- Falcon 75 sp – USEFUL, in the hands of a skilled trainer, a falcon can track enemies, carry messages, as well as handle itself reasonably in a fight.
- Riding Horse 120 sp – Neither Green Ronin nor DA Origins included any rules on riding horses. This might change, but until then, it’s too much house-ruling to get them to work.
- Saddle 20 sp – USEFUL, see above
- Saddlebags 10 sp – USEFUL, see above
- Cart 20 sp – NOT USEFUL Unless you get a horse to pull it, not that useful.
- Draft Horse 50 sp – NOT useful, unless you have to till a field
- Feed (per day) 5 cp – NOT useful, dear god I won’t keep track
- Mule 20 sp – NOT useful, who needs an ass along for the ride?
- Stabling (per day) 10 cp – NOT USEFUL, too much book-keeping
- Wagon 150 sp – NOT USEFUL, I honestly can’t see how this would come in handy, unless we’re on the Oregon trail.